Benchmarking your affiliate programme
Do you know how your affiliate activity stacks up against your competitors? Do you offer competitive commissions? Are you speaking to your affiliates about the right things at the right times?
All of these are essential questions to ask yourself about your affiliate programme. Whether your programme is newly launched or well established in the marketplace it is beneficial to benchmark your activity against your competitors and the affiliate sector as a whole to ensure that it is optimised.
Typically an affiliate audit would include:
- Review of affiliate performance including a breakdown by affiliate type by average order value, sales, CPA and ROI
- Review of competitor activity including commissions, communications and creatives
- Review of affiliate communications
- Creative review
- The role of affiliates in terms of reach, consideration and conversion and how the channel links in with overall online strategy
- Recruitment strategy
- Customer journey
- Vouchercode and cashback activity
- Brand engagement